If you are finding the best Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma then here we have all the information related to Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma [OT Schools in Oklahoma].
Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma
1.The University of Oklahoma at Schusterman Health Sciences Center
The University of Oklahoma offers 2.5 year Master of Occupational Therapy (entry-level) program for 32 students per year.
- Complete a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment in the program;
- Be in good standing with the college or university last or currently attending;
- Earn at a minimum both a 2.75 cumulative grade point average and a 2.75 science grade point average on a 4.0 scale as calculated by OTCAS. The College of Allied Health does not recognize academic forgiveness nor reprieve policies. All attempts of a course are included in the calculation of GPAs;
- Successfully complete all departmental prerequisite courses with grades of C or better prior to beginning our program the first week of June;
- Complete all portions of the OTCAS application including but not limited to the following: achievements, experiences, essay/personal statement, licenses and certifications, and observation hours (40 hours of occupational therapy observation are required for application);
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities (including OU or OUHSC) attended and non-refundable application fees through OTCAS ;
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (the General Test) prior to the application deadline date. At the time of verification through OTCAS, we will only accept valid, reportable GRE scores that are no older than five years following the test date. See www.ets.org for score reporting policies. It is recommended that you take the revised GRE no later than one month prior to the application period for which you are applying to ensure your scores are received by the application deadline. Scores received after the application deadline will result in an automatic denial. The OTCAS GRE Designated Institution Code for the MOT program at OUHSC is 7448;
- If English is a second language, submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. Applicants must earn a minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based) within two years prior to application. The OTCAS TOEFL Designated Institution Code for the MOT program at OUHSC is 7448. The department may waive TOEFL scores if the applicant provides evidence of graduation from a U.S. High School or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. institution. Click here to review additional information regarding the TOEFL and TOEFL waiver;
- If previous coursework was from colleges or universities outside of the US, have all transcripts/mark sheets processed through World Education Services (WES); and
- Submit a completed on-line application through OTCAS and OUHSC. The application deadline is February 1 for Summer admission. All official, sealed transcripts, GRE scores, and TOEFL scores (if applicable) must be received by the application deadline. Late transcripts and test scores will result in an automatic denial.
- Human Anatomy;
- Human Physiology;
- Developmental Psychology;
- Introduction to Personality or Abnormal Psychology;
- Introduction to zoology or concepts in biology;
- Medical Vocabulary;
- Physics I for Life Science Majors;
- Understanding Statistics.
Address and Contact:
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
College of Allied Health
P.O. Box 26901
Oklahoma City, OK 73190-0901
Phone: (405) 271- 2131
Office of Academic and Student Services
Phone: (405) 271-6588
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Alabama
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Arizona
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Arkansas
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Colorado
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Connecticut
- Occupational Therapy Schools in California
2.Northeastern State University
Northeastern State University offers 30 months Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (entry-level) for a maximum of 290 students per year.
- Introductory Psychology (3 hours)
- Abnormal Psychology (3 hours)
- Life-Span Development (3 hours)
- Sociology or Anthropology (3 hours)
- *Human Anatomy (4-5 hours)
- *Human Physiology (4 hours)
- Medical Terminology or Medical Vocabulary (1-3 hours)
- Physics I (4 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a Higher Learning Commission accredited college or university;
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale;
- Documented 40 hours of observation experience prior to application;
- Submit an official copy of the Graduate Record Examination score to the Graduate College;
- Submit program application to the OT Program by July 1 (includes 2 recommendations from an OT professional, employer, or instructor/professor).
|Occupational Therapy Program|
2400 W. Shawnee Street
Muskogee, OK 74401-2275
I hope you liked the best Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma. Please share these Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma with your friends.