If you are looking for the best Occupational Therapy Schools in South Dakota then here is the best Occupational Therapy Schools in South Dakota [OT Schools in South Dakota].
1.University of South Dakota School of Health Sciences
The University of South Dakota offers 3 years of Occupational Therapy Degree as below:
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD-entry-level)
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate (post-professional).
O.T.D.: Early application deadline is Oct. 1, 2019, to be considered for an early interview on Nov. 8, 2019. The general application deadline is Dec. 2, 2019, to be considered for an interview on either Feb. 13 or 14, 2020.
Post-professional O.T.D.: The deadline for application for fall 2020 is June 30, 2020.
Doctor of Occupational Therapy (O.T.D.)
- Human Anatomy*
- Human Physiology*
- General Psychology
- Lifespan Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introductory Sociology or Anthropology
- Medical Terminology
- Orientation to Occupational Therapy
- Academic preparation and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Personal statement
- Work or volunteer experience in occupational therapy or related area (recommended minimum of 30 hours in at least three different areas of practice)
- Community involvement, leadership, and diverse cultural experiences
- Recommendation letters (minimum of 3 letters)
- One letter must be from a healthcare provider, preferably an occupational therapist
- One letter must be from an instructor/advisor
- Personal interview
2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
|Tuition – Graduate Student||Rate/Credit Hour|
|South Dakota Resident||$336.80|
|Minnesota Resident Reciprocity*||$612.25|
|University Fees||Rate/Credit Hour|
|General Activity Fee||$54.50|
|OT Program Fees||Each Semester|
|School of Health Sciences Special Discipline Fee||$103.00 per OCTH credit hour|
|OT Liability Fee (Each fall semester and the fieldwork semester) (estimated)||$11|
|Estimated Program Total (114 Credits)**|
|South Dakota Resident||$55,353|
|Minnesota Resident Reciprocity||$85,210|
|Other Expenses (Estimated)|
|Books||First Year (Estimated)||$2,700|
|Second Year, Summer (Estimated)||$1,100|
|Second Year (Estimated)||$1,300|
|Third Year, Summer (Estimated)||$678|
|Third Year (Estimated)||$500|
|Vaccinations||Hepatitis B Vaccination estimate (1st Year only if you have not completed the vaccination series and a positive titer).||Each of the vaccinations in the series is approximately $59 and the titer is approximately $40.|
|TB (PPD) Vaccination||$10/year|
*Minnesota reciprocity rate for summer 2019. This information may be updated for fall 2019 and spring 2020.
**Number of credits is subject to change.
Post-professional OTD Admission
- Graduate application completed through GradCAS – Apply Online
- $35 application fee
- Official transcripts verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree, a Master’s degree in occupational therapy and previous graduate credit earned
- Two letters of recommendation
- A professional summary statement (no more than 1000 words) outlining professional goals and objectives, your areas of interest in pursuing your degree, your plan to utilize your degree and your potential as a leader and change agent in the field of occupational therapy.
- Copy of current occupational therapy license
- Successful completion of a criminal background check upon acceptance
- Additional requirements exist for international applicants. For more information, visit international admission requirements.
Department of Occupational Therapy
Sanford Coyote Sports Center Room A375A
414 E. Clark St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
Main Phone:605-658-5999 or Admissions: 605-658-6356
I hope you liked the best Occupational Therapy Schools in South Dakota. Please share this Occupational Therapy Schools in South Dakota with your friends.