People are finding the best Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine but they can’t find that information on one place.
You might be wondering why people are struggling to get all the information about OT Schools in Maine. The reason is that there is no one place where you can easily find all the information about OT schools of your state and also compare them with each other. So, if you want to know more about this then keep reading further because here we have everything for you so don’t go anywhere just read it till down.
if you want to know more about Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine then you are at right place We will help you out with any query regarding OT schools of your state and also provide complete details regarding these schools so make sure that before contacting us read our blog fully. Also, please note that there is a lot of difference between private occupational therapy school and public occupational therapy school.
Top Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine
There are 3 accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine, so let’s start with Husson University.
- Husson University
- The University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College
- University of New England
The Husson University is a private university in Bangor and Founded in 1898, Husson was originally named Shaw School of Business. It offers undergraduate and graduate degrees and has a total enrollment of approximately 3,500 students, including 750 graduate students.
and was located on the second floor of a building in downtown Bangor.
Later in 2008, it became a university.
Husson University offers 5-year B.S./M.S. Occupational Therapy (combined) and 3-year M.S.Occupational Therapy program with the capacity of 21 admits per year.
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Research
- Principles of Sociology or Cultural Anthropology
- Anatomy and Physiology – 8 credits (6 in course work; 2 in the lab)
- Human Growth and Development
- A bachelor’s degree;
- GPA of 3.0 or better in all college coursework;
- GRE score- not required;
- Volunteer experience showing at least 20 hours of the volunteer.
2. The University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn College
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is a public university located in Maine. It was founded as two separate state universities, Gorham Normal School and the University of Maine at Portland.
As of 2012, University of Southern Maine had 7,500 undergraduate students and 2,320 graduate school students, with an average class size of 25 and a student-faculty ratio of 15:1.
The University of Southern Maine offers a 2-year Master of Occupational Therapy degree having capacity of 27 students per year.
- Medical Terminology
- Intro to Sociology
- Multicultural Human Development or Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology or Psychopathology
- Intro to Physics w/Lab 4 cr. OR LAC’s Physics & Biomechanics
- Anatomy & Physiology I w/Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology II w/Lab
- A bachelor’s degree;
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- An essay; A current resume;
- 3 letters of recommendation;
Master of Occupational Therapy Program
51 Westminster Street
Lewiston, ME 04240-3534
3. University of New England
The University of New England (UNE) is a private university located in Biddeford, Maine. About 13,743 students were enrolled in UNE’s campus-based and online programs as of 2016-17.
The University of New England offers 2 year M. S. in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) degree having the capacity of 45-47 students.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with labs,
- Intro to Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Human Development (lifespan)
- Social Science (Sociology/Anthropology)
- English Composition
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (2) letters of reference
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hersey Hall, 108
716 Stevens Ave.
Portland, ME, 04103
If you find any mistake in Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine, then please let us know in the comment section below. And share this Occupational Therapy Schools in Maine with your friends.
- What is Occupational Therapy [OT]?
- Top 9 Occupational Therapy Schools in Texas
- TOP 9 Occupational Therapy Assistant Schools in California
- Top 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Missouri
- Top 7 best Occupational Therapy Schools in Michigan
- Top 6 Occupational Therapy Schools in Wisconsin
- Top 6 Occupational Therapy Schools in Indiana
- Top 6 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Illinois
- Top 5 Occupational Therapy Schools in North Carolina
- TOP 5 Occupational Therapy Assistants Schools in Arkansas