Let’ find out the difference between Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy.
The doctor will recommend you for physical or occupational therapy after an anatomical injury or undergoing surgery on the joint or bone. Occupational therapists and physical therapists do the same job. Physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT) are two kinds of rehabilitative care. Both fields provide hands-on care to help patients gain independence in their actions or activities, but they use various methods.
They both assist patients in recovering after severe injury or disease. The main difference between Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy is the results gained by each type of therapy. While Occupational Therapy aims to recover the patient’s capacity to perform daily living activities, Physical Therapy helps the patient’s ability to move different parts of the body comfortably. Here is the difference between physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Basic Information on OT and PT:
Physical Therapy (PT) is the physical therapy of a patient recovering from illness or injuries. The objective is to assist people in restoring mobility. It may reduce the requirement for costly surgeries or long-term dependence on drugs. Physical therapists also guide applicants on how to avoid or manage their illness to get long-term health advantages.
Occupational therapy (OT) also reflects the physical features of treatment and movement. Nevertheless, it mainly concentrates on allowing the applicant to engage in daily life’s meaningful actions as much as possible. The occupational therapists are devoted to helping patients in the long-term via therapeutic revisions and alterations to their surroundings.
- Occupational therapists (OT) must require a master’s degree, but many specializations in this position need a doctoral degree. Most states or countries need licensed occupational therapists (OT), but the criteria for getting licensing vary in every state or country.
- Like OT (occupational therapists), physical therapists should possess a master’s degree or a doctoral degree in different specializations. Furthermore, physical therapists are needed to be licensed in nearly 48 US states.
Skills, Job Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Physical therapists of health care professionals concentrate mainly on physical injuries, the bulk of their being in formulating and executing individual plans.
- Occupational therapist (OT) focuses on various physical features of the therapy procedure, but more than a skill or knowledge base of physical health.
- Occupational therapists (OT) cure the patient’s whole body, while physical therapists cure their actual loss or condition.
Remuneration Or Salary:
- Remunerations differ based on years of experience, position, geographic location, degree of education, and practice setting.
- Occupational therapists can acquire a minimum annual income of $75,400, while physical therapists (PT) make an average salary of $79,860 per year.
- The difference is much less; it is not vital to affect an option between the two disciplines.
The functions of physical therapists (PT) and occupational therapists (OT) are essential to healing healthcare in today’s world. Finally, if you choose to study physical therapy or occupational therapy will be based on your personal and expert objectives. And despite being different from each other, the experts in both fields work to recover their patients’ quality of life.
I hope you loved the Occupational Therapy vs Physical Therapy.
- 100+ Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) Programs
- How To Become An Occupational Therapist?
- Masters Vs Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy vs Physical Therapy
- What is Occupational Therapy [OT]?
- Top 16 Occupational Therapy Schools in Pennsylvania
- Top 10 Occupational Therapy Schools in Massachusetts
- 21+ Occupational Therapy Quotes and Sayings
- Top 7 best Occupational Therapy Schools in Michigan
- Top 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Missouri
- Top 6 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Illinois
- Top 6 Occupational Therapy Schools in Indiana
- Top 6 Occupational Therapy Schools in Wisconsin
- Top 3 Occupational Therapy Schools in Washington
- The Best Occupational Therapy Schools in West Virginia
- Occupational Therapy Schools in Utah
- Top 3 Occupational Therapy Schools in South Carolina
- The Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Rhode Island
- The Best Occupational Therapy Schools in Puerto Rico
- Top 3 Occupational Therapy Schools in Oklahoma